8f, 8m (Expandable to 25+)
JOSEPHINA BARBOZA (JO/JOJO) – Female Identifying, 19, Any Ethnicity. The daughter of immigrants. She is vibrant, fast talking, emotional, curious, ambitious, always up for a laugh, and loyal.
DAISY ARUJO – Female Identifying, 19, Any Ethnicity. The daughter of immigrants. A perfect combination of insecurity and arrogance; the seductive life of the party when she needs to be, an introspective dreamer when she doesn’t. A pain in her mother’s ass.
KATHERINE (KAT) ARUJO – Female Identifying, 18, Any Ethnicity. The daughter of immigrants. Daisy’s kid sister. The apple of her mother’s eye. A goofy, playful, desperate romantic and aspiring astronomer, on the cusp of the rest of her life.
LEONA SILVA – Female Identifying, 50+ (nearing retirement), Any Ethnicity. The immigrant owner of Mystic Pizza and guardian of the “Mystic Pizza” special sauce. A sarcastic, wry, yet loving mother figure for Jo, Daisy, and Kat.
BILL MONTIJO – Male Identifying, 20, Any Ethnicity. The son of immigrants. A burly, yet warm, sensitive, lobsterman, and lead singer/guitarist in The Lobster Rolls – the local town band, who wants nothing more than to marry Jo and raise a family in Mystic, CT. Acoustic or electric guitar playing a plus.
CHARLES GORDON WINDSOR JR. – Male Identifying, Early 20s, White. A country-club, sweater-vest-wearing, Porsche-driving, law-school-drop-out cad, with a surprising capacity for true love.
TIM TRAVERS – Male Identifying, late 20s, Any Ethnicity. An easy-going, Yale-graduate, architect, with a secret.
ENSEMBLE The ensemble functions as the townies of Mystic, CT. They’re responsible for the shifting of set pieces/establishing new locations. They serve as an omnipresence of locals in this small town and appear in featured roles throughout.WOMAN 1
– Female Identifying, 20s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including LORNA, a snobby college girl; SERENA WINDSOR, Charlie’s sister, a vapid country-club goer; and others.WOMAN 2
– Female Identifying, 20s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including DEBBIE, a snobby college girl; MARIANA, an immigrant oyster shucker; TERESA, an immigrant housekeeper; NIKKI TRAVERS, Tim’s wife; and others.WOMAN 3
– Female Identifying, 40s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including MRS. ARUJO, Daisy and Kat’s immigrant mother; and others.WOMAN 4
– Female Identifying, 40s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including AUNT BONNIE, an immigrant oyster shucker, MRS. POLLY WINDSOR, Charlie’s mother; and others..MAN 1
– Male Identifying, 30s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including a PRIEST; NICK, a Planetarium employee; MICKEY, a pizza shop regular; and others.MAN 2
– Male Identifying, 20s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including FRANK, a warm, friendly guitarist in the local band by night and an oyster shucker at the docks by day; STEAMER WINDSOR, Charlie’s younger brother; and others.MAN 3
– Male Identifying, 40s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including THE FIRESIDE GOURMET; MR. CHUCK WINDSOR, Charlie’s demanding father; and others.MAN 4
– Male Identifying, 40s, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including MR. BARBOZA, Jo’s immigrant father; LIONEL, a cheerful real estate agent; LOU, Bill’s friend, and others.MAN 5
– Male Identifying, 18+, Any Ethnicity. To play various roles including GEORGE, a snobby graduate student; ALFIE, a townie doofus, a WAITER, and others.
The band is onstage, woven into the fabric of the set.