1. The Information We Collect
1.1 User-provided Information. When you use the Services, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. Examples of Personal Data include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Data also includes other information, such as geographic area or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Data in various ways on the Services, for example:
- (Site Registration. We process your login details if you choose to register for an Account so that we can communicate with you, provide the Services and provide a more personalized experience on our Sites. You are not required to register for an Account, but if you choose not to do so, you may not be able to participate in some of the Services offered through the Sites. In addition to this, we process all information you provide to us when logged into your Account, and also your usage data (e.g., login times, length of stay).
- Product Purchase. When you choose to buy any products available through our online shop, in addition to your name, address, email address, telephone number, and birth date (if applicable), we will process the following additional Personal Data in order to complete your transaction: details of order, price, credit card number or other payment information, billing address, as well as any further details on the purchase transaction. We note that no credit card information is stored on our servers.
- Newsletters. We process the email address that you provide us with to receive updates on particular titles, subjects or authors. We then add that email address to the email list for that title, subject or author. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletters or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email settings in the “Customer Dashboard” under “My Account,” or contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Participation in Special Activities. We process your Personal Data when you register with us as part of your participation in our promotions, contests or sweepstakes. As part of your registration for a promotion, we may request the following (as required on a case-by-case basis): Personal Data (such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and birth date), demographic information (such as country and gender) and profile data (such as your music preferences and entertainment practices).
- Contact Us. When you contact us by phone, email or otherwise to submit information to us (such as when contacting us with a question or feedback), we process the information you provide to us, e.g., your name, email address, telephone number and request, to respond to your inquiry.
- Job Application and Submissions. We process your Personal Data such as name, address, email address, birth date, work experience, education and other related information you submit to review, verify and evaluate your job application or submission information if you have applied for a job at Concord or submitted a manuscript for our review.
- Updates Concerning Us. If you are a User, we process your email address in order to keep you informed about the operation of our services by sending emails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our Sites and Services.
1.2 Information Collected by Clients. A Client or User may store or upload into the Services Client Data. Concord has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data it hosts as part of Client Data. Each Client is responsible for providing notice to its customers and third persons concerning the purpose for which Client collects their Personal Data and how this Personal Data is processed in or through the Services as part of Client Data.
1.3 “Automatically Collected" Information. When a User or Visitor uses the Services, we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected" information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Services, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on the Services, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the Visitor or User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. This information is gathered from all Users and Visitors.
1.5 User Interactions. We may obtain information, including Personal Data, when you interact with other users of the Sites or Services through communication or messaging capabilities.